View Single Post
Old 05-10-07, 03:05 PM   #1
K

Default New bike - the good, bad and ugly!

After just three days of suffering the horrendouse morning traffic that turns my 4 mile trip to Uni into 40 minutes of agony I immediately thought of turning to the bike rather than my beloved MG...

... that and I simply don't want the ol' girl to rot to death with salt before I've got a chance to get all the new panels on her and a full respray done.

But, as the north/South ride was testimony to - the BlueBlade simply doesn't like carrying luggage. Also with riding gear, laptop etc to take in on some days - even if they made a rucksack big enough - my poor old back wouldn't be up to carrying it.

So - solution, of course - buy another bike.

Well, the good - you can welcome me back to the V-twin fold.

The bad - it's not an SV, or even a Suzuki (remember the comment about road salt & rot ) so yeah, it's another Honda. XL 125 Varadero to be precise.

The ugly - it's got a full compliment of Givi panniers & t*pb*x fitted.

I know. I know. I shall forever hang my head in shame for finally owning such an offending item as a t*opb*x.

I'm going to have to get used to riding in the cold and wet again too... not done that for a while. I knew my blissfull years as a proud, fairweather Weekend Warrior were numbered.