View Single Post
Old 11-12-04, 11:29 AM   #1
Jelster

Default California Superbike School

I've decided to do the CSS course, especially after my off a few weeks back when I know I could have taken the roundabout quicker and safer with more experience.

CSS is different to most schools as you use your bike, which after doing the Suzuki Perormance School at Mallory I would prefer. I want to know what I can do on MY bike, not some track prepared race rep.

It ain't cheap, as it's £319. But you do get a whole day and almost as much track time as a normal track day. Would any of you be interested in getting together for a group booking and we could probably get some discount.

The dates I prefer are as follows:

Sat 26th March
Sun 27th March
Monday 11th April
Tuesday 12 April

The CSS have a modular format of 4 levels, you must complete each level before moving onto the next. For those of you who want to (and can afford it!) you can do a 2 day back to back couse taking in levels 1 & 2.

Level 1 includes:

Level I details the six most common and most obvious cornering errors:

1. Turn entry speeds. Too high or too low.
2. Throttle control errors. Too much, not enough or inconsistent.
3. The turn is started at the wrong place. Too early or too late.
4. Steering errors and corrections. Leaning into the turn too quickly or too slowly.
5. Inappropriate rider input. Too much or too little for the situation.
6. Inconsistent lines. Too wide or too tight to the inside.

Anyone with a trained eye can spot these errors. We not only have the trained eyes but the exact, correct remedy for each error. That is what Level 1 is all about. We even supply the reasons why mastering each of them is crucial and what rewards to expect for getting it right. Imagine for a moment that you have practised and mastered each of these 6 points. What would your own riding be like if you had?

1. Perfect turn entry speed. Just the way you like it every time.
2. Flawless throttle control. The bike feels stable through every corner.
3. Precision turn entry. A turn-in point that really handles the corner.
4. No nervous steering corrections. Just one clean sweep through every turn.
5. Complete relaxation. In harmony with the bike under all conditions.
6. Lazer cut lines. Consistent ones like a pro can do.

Is this possible? We'd be lying if we said it was easy or that we could coach you to perfection on any one of these points in one day. But, after Level I, you will know why it went wrong and have a way to correct it! Each technical point is fully explained and has an on-track training drill.

I'll need to book something by New Year, so let me know.

Moderators, can you sticky this please if the response is good...