View Single Post
Old 10-09-19, 11:22 PM   #1
Gman301

Default Sv650 running very rough at all RPMs

This is a EFI 2004 sv650 with around 6500 miles on it. I have had it for 3 years. It is not ridden very much but enough to keep fresh gas in it. I took it out for a ride last week and it was running rough. It was idling strangely. Going back and forth from 1000 to 1500 rpm. Im not sure what it was idling at before. It gets up to speed but very reluctantly. It hesitates alot and doesnt have much power. If I am just at a cruising speed or giving it more throttle it will sometimes unbog for a second and surge forward. I thought maybe just old fuel so I bought some seafoam and put some new gas with the seafoam in it after draining tank. It seemed to work. Not 100 percent but like 90. After riding for about 30 minutes it started to do the same thing. I have to give it alot of throttle just to take off from a start like it doesnt have the power and if I dont keep it throttled up a little bit when at a stand still it will sometimes just die. I let the fuel with seafoam sit in there a couple days and it's still doing the same thing. Where should I start.
Gman301 is offline   Reply With Quote