View Single Post
Old 28-09-11, 12:37 PM   #34
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default Re: slightly surprised........

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
Well whilst we are talking about this, I have a possibly a controversial point. What with the Olympic's what not going on next year, are we wise to maybe take a break from AR's and skip next years ?

I'm just thinking out loud, we already have tickets for one of the olympic events and trying to fit that in, my work commitments and also the fact that Liz is on standby for the TA because of the olympics over the summer may involve trying to squash a lot in ?

Also is it wise to have it in the south where it looks to me alot of the olympic events are being hosted.

Not suggesting thatany of the above is what as a collective the org should do, just chucking my thoughts out there. Without my admin / mod hat on...

IMO, if you make a break from ARs for a year, they will never ever come back.
This years was particularly hairy for nerves, as I seriously thought with the current financial climate, nobody would turn up, those I thought would, never came, which I was quite disappointed with TBH. In the end, it was a very great success, some have said better than any other prior....which is kinda nice guys
The financial situation for many has gotten more grim, and next years prospects don't look to fruitful for events such as these, but if theres a little ray of sunshine for a weekend off from it all....the AR is a good thing to have.

I think its perhaps a good idea to have an AR on at the same time as the Olympics, as rather a lot of folk couldn't give a stuff about them, and what better excuse to get away from it.

I would agree however having it down South, although customary to move about every year, would be possibly not so great, having the Olympics on down there, might make it a nightmare to secure facilities.....and we all know how important they are to everyone these days.

Now the question is......is there anyone out there willing to make an even bigger success than it was this year? Its a pretty large torch to carry on......

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 28-09-11 at 12:39 PM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote