View Single Post
Old 01-06-09, 01:46 PM   #106
sinbad

Default Re: TPS Adjustment Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Hi guys. Decided to do this today so get in park bike, tank up, dealer mode, line moves at 3.5k rpm, engine off, loosen TPS bolts, start engine........ham fisted slip and engine dies, won't restart so put TPS back to my mark, and still no go. D'oh!

Increase idle speed a little and it starts but it's rough. Where should "the line" be with the ignition on, but engine off? So I try lowering the idle and putting the TPS back exactly where it was before and it won't start. My TPS was already quite a way round to the anti-clockwise extent of the adjustment if that's of any use.

'kin annoying. Anyone had this happen?

Update: Got it running smoothly again after much faffing. The line is moving at 3-4k rpm still though. Pffff it's too hot today. Time to go and lean over a probably a little too hot engine for 20 minutes yayyy.

Update 2: All is well with the world again. Tip - do not let it move more than an absolute fraction at a time, seriously, it's mega sensitive. In the end it's tightened back up and moving at 1800ish rpm. Made it hard for myself.

Last edited by sinbad; 01-06-09 at 03:42 PM.