View Single Post
Old 03-08-09, 04:47 PM   #26
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Default Re: AR09 Campsite Comments.

If I was to help him update the site and plan a marketing programme, the points I would make are these:-

1/At the corner of the field where the tap is currently positioned, I would put a single building encompassing seperate toilet/shower facilities, a washroom for pots and pans and a utility room with a washing machine & tumble dryer. I've found the use of a tumble dryer even on one night stays to be SOOOOO valuable In freezing conditions, you can warm your PJ's up, in wet conditions you can dry your gear quickly and a washroom would be priceless for those that bring their own stoves as many of us did.
These need not be expensive and £10k can buy you a timber block that will last years and years. If Jim wants details, PM me.

2/ Portable BBQ hire and charcoal etc available for sale on site.

3/ Central hardstanding with solar ground lights.....cheap and easy to do.

4/ Proper kids play area

5/ Dedicated dog at the end of one of the fields with a poo bin if he wants peeps to keep dogs on leads. We were incredibly impressed that our dogs could run around and have fun this weekend as we know they don't run off...but he may want to stipulate leads in the future. A poo bin for doggy nappy bags would be good though.

6/ Register the campsite at the Tourist info offices in the whole of the south east and on the relevant tourist websites.

7/ Poster distribution highlighting facilities and the GREAT atmosphere and service to targeted audiences.....ie/ bike showrooms, classic car, steam rally, hot rod organisations etc.

There's loads more, but that will do for this thread. I always write too much....lol