View Single Post
Old 15-07-19, 08:04 PM   #7
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Cadwell or Donny, 20th August

Mallory is okay but I don't think I'll go back, massive right-hander but a fairly short track. TBH after quite a few track days where there are always people faster than you, I just tune out the big bikes and try to find someone to have a dust-up with. Silverstone has plenty of bends, I think the full track is better but it's looong so you take time to learn it all, but even the International is fun and you get to use Hangar Straight, which is about 30-40% longer than Cadwell's straights. 12 seconds of flat out screaming. I went neck and neck down there once against a GSXR600 hire bike, they weren't using all the revs and braked early, I'm gonna take that one though! Very wide too, twice as wide as Cadwell.
Dave, up to you, I don't know if they move people much and the inters tends to book up first, not many people want to mix it with the fast group in reality. I was put in fast at Silverstone once, they go for it, it's a big track, and yes they were fast, but well behaved and better riders than inters. Less passing space at Cadwell though, I don't want to get in peoples' way, I may have done a few but I'm not that fast really.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote