View Single Post
Old 11-12-15, 12:35 PM   #4145
MattCollins

Default Re: The Cycling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelesschucca View Post
DON'T!!!

I watched this video 3 or 4 times last night. The bike sounds good but I So can't get with the colourscheme. I'd want to get shot of the blue somehow.

The Triban could get different wider tyres and I'd use it along the canalised into work. Thus saving me nearly a grand a year, meaning the bike has paid for itself within 12 months... Well that's my thoughts...

TBH the gaffer is great I can spend my own money however I want once I've put my share into the house.
There ya go... paid for in a year and sounds like she's a good sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post
Not so sure the Ultegra is worth the extra, in my opinion get the best frame and wheels you can for the money. I've put 4000 winter miles on 105 5800, the jockey wheels were replaced with Ultega (£15) ...ceramic rather than steel bush bearings and it's all still all working as slick as a slick thing.
I'm inclined to agree. As I mentioned a few pages back, I was originally looking for 105 on an ally frame. Had one bike lined up with the full group at a decent price that I'd have been happy with and then this thing grabbed me. Sucker!

My GF likes the good stuff... hers was about 4x the money which is fine by me even if I was paying for it. She gets pretty good use from her bikes while I was just getting back into it. I'm doing about 2000km per month now and if I keep going like this I can justify (to myself) getting something better sometime in the latter half of next year. In the meantime I'm very happy with what I've got.