View Single Post
Old 28-11-18, 07:27 PM   #6689
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
It wasn't budging using any method. Small dremel grinder bits arrived today and I only trashed 2 out of the six I ordered getting rid of the remains of the snapped off "easy out". --- oh the irony of that name!!

I now have the hole back that I drilled through the middle of the bolt. Have got loads of penetrating spray up through the hole into the cavity at the top. letting it soak for a while, then it's going to be loads of heat and trying the left handed thread drill bits which have now arrived too.

How much have I spent on tools to trash trying to fix this? Hoping to move this out of the gripe thread and post a smile later on... hopefully...
I have used easyouts with success but they need to be a good brand ( Irwin or similar ) and the secret is not to drill too big a hole in the broken stud or bolt as ( have you have discovered ) there is no metal left to stop easyout forcing the thread into harder contact. This is the dogs dangling bits of antisieze https://www.amazon.com/COP-GRAF-Copp.../dp/B00VM39NC0

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote