View Single Post
Old 14-05-17, 12:29 PM   #4461
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

The world does not revolve around the US.

I bought a 2 ring camping stove for my daughter to use with the local scouts as they have big pots but not a suitable cooker. I fitted a propane regulator to one of their burners and gave them the use of one of my 47KG bottles. (Bet they loved shifting that from my van (Yes they borrowed that too) to the kitchen tent) But they can only fit one pan on the little stove.

Well the new burner eventually arrived yesterday. Not from Ireland as stated in the ad, but China. So too late for them to take fortunately. As when I opened it the fitted regulator is US GCC1 20PSI.

I did think about ripping off the supplied regulator, But I cannot find a POL (UK) regulator of equivalent pressure. 20PS = ~1.3 Bar. I can get 1 or 2 bar. But 1 is slightly undersize and 2 is well oversize.

So I have opted to buy an adapter to convert between UK bottles and US regulators hoping that the 20PSI is optimised for the burners 8KW each.

So my gripe. When a vendor is selling into the UK. WTF can they not making their stuff UK compliant?