View Single Post
Old 13-01-07, 09:18 PM   #1
Stingo

Default Something new to drink...

The other day at work, I was fortunate enough to win a bottle of 'Scotsmac' in the meat raffle (yeah I know, don't ask ). It rather resembles something a school boy might purchase to get pi$$ed as quick as possible. Tonight, with some trepidation, I decided to crack the screw top and have a go with this 'stuff'. On the label it says that it is a blend of strong British wine & fine malt whisky...nothing ventured, nothing gained I s'pose... So following the guidance on the reverse, into the tumbler went some cubes of ice and a good measure of the 'blend'.

The sniff test did nothing to endear the substance to me...it had the aroma of old socks...not cheesy ones...just old. So, open gob and pour. Hmmm....yes....just another sip then,...oh....another sip...it has a certain sweetness that makes you want to drink a bit more with a bit more because you hadn't realised quite how thirsty you were....so half a bottle later here I am just finishing off the contents of my glass. I've got to get the kids up tommorow morning because it's the wife's birthday - otherwise I would quite happily do the rest of the bottle!! Bit squiffy but otherwise I've only checked my spelling twice, and had to write this bl00dy dit out twice because I hit alt and some letter that binned me from t'internet otherwise no decrimental effects whatsoever guvnor.

Scotsmac....what is that stuff?

Great - another quiet night night in...I love meat raffles!!