View Single Post
Old 21-05-18, 01:29 AM   #3076
BanannaMan

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

My smile of the day is getting ready to set out on another bike adventure next weekend and this one is looking more adventurous by the day.
Got the SV all ready this afternoon. A bit of cleaning and tighten the the chain up just a tick.

the challenges:

My ankle on my shift foot continues to give me problems just a few weeks ago 2 hours riding was all it could handle, this trip will take 7 to 10 hours
to reach my destination depending on traffic and (mostly) weather conditions.
Going to be doing some exercises this week to promote movement in the ankle.

It's the monsoon season here in the mountains and looks like another wave of activity will return next weekend.
Looks as if Monday (if the forecasts holds) I will return amid heavy rains, flash flooding, and lightning storms all day.

One of the two roads that cross one of the 6K ft. mountains on my way is closed for bridge repairs, a section of the other road washed away in flooding Saturday.
If this is not fixed by the weekend I will have to take a different route much farther west for the last 70 miles which will put me in the path
of the afternoon storms I want to beat there on Saturday.
Studying maps tonight for alternate routes as weather could impact other roads at anytime. Definitely going to be using the satnav on this trip.

Plus it's early spring high in the mountains so likely to see bear, deer, snakes, turkeys, and more along the roadway.

My wife said "perhaps you should wait and go in August" (another bank holiday).
What and miss all this excitement? I can't wait.

Besides the waterfalls look their best during the rainy season!
I'm ready for another epic ride. It's what life is all about!

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

Last edited by BanannaMan; 21-05-18 at 01:44 AM.
BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote