View Single Post
Old 23-10-09, 09:57 PM   #38
chris8886
Mega Poster

Default Re: Mallory Park - 28th November

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelcfc View Post
ok am going to be a harcore noob and keep the restrictions in just for lols, if its epic fail then il know to take them out next time,,,, " dear lord, please let there be 125s there that arnt quick so im not last!!"
you have any problems being restrticted. it teaches you to be better in the corners and as i have now dsicovered even without the restrictors you don't get that much more on the straights. you still get easily passed by ss600's and bigger bikes etc. you just learn to outbreak people and have higher corner speed. just start slow and build up slowly, you will naturally pass people if your going quicker than them, don't go out looking for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
Chris8888 ran at Mallory with restrictions in his curvy and was running rings around people
thank you G i looked like a right pillock when i binned it though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelcfc View Post
i have ridden unrestricted but since my crash i havnt causee i dont want to crash and them invalidate my insurance,, and had this chris dude done a td before? and was he particulaly good on the road?? im neither lol
i'm not particularly good no. i just have some confidence in the corners to carry some corner speed because i done a few track days and had some instruction (go and talk to the instructors after you've had a couple of sessions. they will come out with you for FREE!! and usually it'll be one on one tuition. that's what got really got me going at 2nd TD at silverstone GP and was getting me knee down from that session onwards. it gave me that much confidence).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
I always get beaten in a straight line by straight line warriors on Litre sports bikes.

Easilly faster on a lap just couldn't get passed as every time they came back past on the straights.
that's what it's all about, gives you so much satisfaction when you go past them in the corners.
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote