Thread: Ex demo bikes
View Single Post
Old 04-08-20, 08:09 AM   #8
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Re: Ex demo bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
if it was just the suspension (bearing in mind that this was the main reason for purchase), I'd maybe consider fixing it but the gearbox is poor (compared to the SV) and the fuelling rough at low revs. It's unpleasant to ride or for my style of riding at least.

The advantage with the ex-demo is that I could be riding it this week, there's a 2 week lead time on the new bike. After waiting 7 months for the H1F and then 3 weeks for the MT09, I can see another Summer slipping by. Having just written that it does sound stupid. A "first world problem" as a reddit.com meme would say. On the other hand, Lancashire is having a climb in virus cases - will they get a new lockdown? Maybe I worry too much

I suppose, as Craig380 says, buying a demo bike is the same as buying any secondhand bike. I think I'll see if I can get the low seat thrown in or at least discounted on the demo - it's sold on ebay for £250.
Hey, I live just outside Preston and we have no corona virus issues here as we behave ourselves. I bought my GSX-S1000 as soon as the shops opened and obviously had a test ride on a demonstration bike first. Test ride booked by appointment. door of the shop only opened to those with an appointment. test ride limited to 45 minutes so no time to get into the lanes and back.
In my case it was 500 cheaper for a pre registered. Not worth it as when I come to sell it is a two owner bike So waited 2 weeks for a "New".