View Single Post
Old 25-08-14, 05:22 PM   #40
Mega Poster

Default Re: SV buying advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Plenty of parts on eBay. Some are interchangeable between models. The VFR is a different beast to the SV. A lot heavier and not so flickable in the bends due to the extra mass. Don't get me wrong, it handles really well but you can't beat physics. On the other hand I can ride the VFR for hours and get off as fresh as a daisy. You can bimble around below 7k rpm (below the VTEC ) and it's a kitten, above 7k it really takes off and the howl from the engine is a joy. Those brought up on 2 strokes will know what I mean.

I miss the SV, but love the VFR.

sent via Pony Express
Having had the SV and the VFR - I can honestly say the VFR is the far superior in the corners, even in it's soggy old suspension guise. It's so stupendously neutral and well balanced, the smoothness of the engine helps a tonne as well in comparison to the on/off nature of a twin. The choice is ultimately personal, but standing back and taking a logical stance on it - the VFR wins every time
  • Uber reliable gear driven cams
  • Ridonkulous build quality all round
  • cheap as chips on insurance, like the SV
  • looks a shed load better imo
  • future classic, will go up in value over the next 5 years...mark my words!
  • can handle touring with utter ease and goes round town like a dream