View Single Post
Old 13-01-18, 09:03 PM   #2884
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

On 9th December while waiting 3 hours to get my Jamie Hewlett book signed I chatted to a young film student called Sam who was also in the queue. When we reached door of the bookshop they said if you weren't buying the book you couldn't come in and get other stuff signed. Sam had spent the last of his student loan on the Gorillaz comics earlier that day. He checked his bank balance, £39, the book, which he really wanted, cost £40 and he also needed to buy food. So to his surprise I bought a second copy of the book, gave it to him and we agreed he'd pay me back in January when his loan came in. Jamie Hewlett thought that was totally bonkers but brilliant. Stuart said I was a fool and I'd never hear from Sam again. Well he just emailed to say he has his loan, he'd like to pay me back. I'm going to reply that I don't want his cash, spend it on something fun, for his honesty he can have the book, which is beautiful, as a gift, but when he makes his first big movie he can invite me to the premier.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk