View Single Post
Old 05-09-10, 09:44 AM   #3
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Default Re: Bar conversion with pics

The yoke is a Suzuki SV650N K3, bought from E-Bay last year. It came in a nasty matt finish and took several hours with emery cloth, wire wool and a polishing kit to make it shiny. I also smoothed out the casting marks with a file and polished to a mirror finish. I can now see my face in the top surface of the yoke and it is covered with a protective wax coat. While I was off work last year with a shoulder injury, I was told to keep it mobile even if it hurt, so I polished and polished until my fingers literally bled. Some of the best physio I have ever had and it was fun too. The standard Yoke has a shaped molding that flows into the Suzuki risers, this looked bad with the risers I used, so a good friend of mine, Wayne, machined them off for me.

The Risers are an E-Bay special and cost me Forty Australian Dollars. They were also mat grey when they arrived, so a quick go with the emery cloth and polishing kit got them nice and shiny. Again, they did not quite fit on the yoke, so Wayne and his magic CNC machine took the back bottom corner off. With out his help, this would not look half as nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote