View Single Post
Old 23-03-12, 04:05 PM   #1
M65

Default Trackday Cameras and GPS Data Loggers

Not sure if this is the correct section for what Im asking but seems most relevant as it will all be for track days anyway.

I currently have a pretty poor camera on my bike that attaches to a DVR under the back seat. I know I can upgrade the camera or look at something like a ContourHD etc. I wanted to gauge peoples opinions on the best set up for them and if poss see any footage. The one thing I do like about my little camera is that it can go in the fake ram air vent under the headlights and hardly be seen. I really dont want a camera that looks through the windscreen.

Also, Ive played around with things like RaceChrono, Trackmaster etc on samrt phones. Ive always only used the internal GPS on the phone which has turned out to be pretty poor. I know I can use something like a Qstarz BT-818XT to get a better GPS signal to the smartphone app of my choice, but again, whats your personal preference? I want to be able to overlay the GPS data to any video I take. RaceChrone2Avi is OK for this but again, if you know of a better solution, Im all ears.

Admins, if this belongs elsewhere then please feel free to move.

Thanks in advance people.