View Single Post
Old 15-10-17, 01:25 PM   #8
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Anyone got FZ6 Fazer experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Is that because of the power is more than needed or the height?

I'm 6 ft and quite comfortable height wise on the SV. The slight stretch forwards feels right to me too. Just over distance I'm not as discplined to keep using my core to balance beteween seat and bars and wrists start to take too much pressure. That coupled with hips feeling slightly too sharply bent even with lower pegs is a problem. Worried the Fazer might be a bit too upright or too tall in general to feel planted with a lower centre of gravity in the way the SV can.
size and weight. the heavier you are the more the motor has to work at pulling that weight so stands to reason that if your built large then you require a large bike.

no matter what bike you are riding requires you to have your elbows bent and your forearms as parallel to the road as possible at all times. doing this not only gives better control but also takes the pressure/weight off your wrists. something else you might want to consider is keeping stuff in your trouser pockets. coins, wallet, phones or indeed anything can cause loss of blood circulation which will give numbness/pins'n'needles, discomfort and even more so if you are in the 'sports' riding position. so take everything out your trouser pockets and put it elsewhere.

the more you sit up the more you transfer weight to your bum and the more you need a comfier seat. the ergonomics of the SV are bad and to top that off the seat is really bad.

can i ask why you are concerned about COG?

adding a comfort kit completely transforms the sport SV into feeling like riding a completely different bike and i personally think its one of the best things you can do, the only downside i would say is like any sit up bike you will have the feeling of the front being a bit light/disconnected when cornering at high speeds, dont worry though as you soon get used to it or just lean forward more in corners.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote