View Single Post
Old 12-10-17, 09:51 AM   #12
svbmx

Default Re: I have a Garage!!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
That sofa looks like a real 1970s item!

Lots of room in that garage for more project builds.
That sofa will be going asap! More project builds indeed I'm on the hunt for an xr600 at the mo. Wanna do a classic looking scrambler/enduro kinda thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
It's too tidy to be a garage!

Hope it's got central heating, if not get it plumbed in
Central heating would be ideal but the garage is a good 30ft from the house so doubt it would be easy to install. I think a decent gas heater will have to suffice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Also get some proper security, one of my team had his bike nicked from his garage the other week
The garage actually has a security sensor in the corner which is linked to the alarm system in the house. Also a external security light over doors. But i might look into getting a camera with motion detection/sms notification installed for piece of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter View Post
Needs more bikes.
AGREED! Once i get the push bikes on the walls and rid of the washing machine, chair and coffee table i'll have to fill those voids with something
A couple more motorbikes and some decent racking i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Floor could do with a sweep...
Ha, ive been thinking i might get some garage type carpet tiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Your garage has wooden doors which were probably made to fit the opening rather than the other way around. If you have another door into the garage (i thought I saw the edge of a door frame, and those bolts in main doors couldn't be opened from outside) I would beef up the main wooden doors with some 'U' shaped brackets and drop a horizontal steel bar in to prevent doors opening, you can retain the bar with a padlock - then the only viable way to open the main doors is from the inside.
I like the idea of a bar across the doors