Thread: Project: 500GP
View Single Post
Old 13-03-17, 11:46 PM   #81
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Default Re: Project: 500GP

A fair question.

There is no bet, but I do have a rough date that I'm targeting to complete. However more recently things haven't progressed as quickly as I would have hoped. This is due to either other commitments or difficulties encountered. Leaving the former and going with the latter, there are two main issues; stripping, and feed and speed.

Starting with stripping first. I want to paint the wheels and I'm going to do them myself. But to do it properly first I need to remove the old paint, this has proven to be harder than I anticipated. However this has now been successful.

The next is feed and speed. Basically getting a good finish on the parts I'm making. Most of it is down to experience, I'm teaching myself how to drive this lathe and am learning on the job so things won't go right first time. I'm actually on my 5th attempt now on one part, but the good news is that there is improvement with every iteration.

A proper update will follow once I've made some better progress but be warned that might be a couple of weeks. However while you wait for that I shall leave you with a bit of a teaser... The body work has arrived, and I've came up with an idea that to implement will require a lot of thinking and be even more unique.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote