View Single Post
Old 28-08-17, 07:36 PM   #4047
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Will do Kenzie, not looked at the Mamiya, it'll be a while I reckon, but sooner if the pics from the Ensign don't look good! Re. the shutter, when wet the shutter leaves will grip each other pretty hard, the same way oily residue makes the shutter stick. It takes a while for the solvent to evaporate from in between the leaves but once dry they'll be free again. I find if you're swabbing but not flushing the shutter, be generous with the solvent, see if you can operate the shutter slowly by hand, and let the solvent work its way around and wash more oil onto the leaves, that way you can get more out of the bits you can't see. Knowing me I'll have said this before!
Yoko The A/M button means manual i.e. when you close the aperture, the blades close (so same as a DoF preview lever), or auto, where they stay open until you fire the shutter, when the camera closes down the aperture automatically i.e. open-aperture metering/composing. I presume it's either a preview feature or so lenses will work with both open-aperture or stop-down metering cameras.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote