View Single Post
Old 12-06-11, 01:59 PM   #1
Speedy Claire

Smile 3 Points, £60 Fine And A Dozen Red Roses

Had decided to maybe meet up with Chris and Dave yesterday at the Ponderosa but we were a bit lazy and didn`t go out until after lunch when the weather turned glorious. My day was perhaps not as incident free as Chris and Daves tho as on the way home I managed to get 3 points and a £60 fine

I have to say tho that if ever I hear anything bad about the Welsh police again I will jump to their defence. The young guy that stopped me was absolutely brilliant.... yep I got done for 95 in a 70 but believe me it could`ve been a hell of a lot worse. Once he knew my job and my need for a licence he said he`d only do me for the lesser speed and boy am I glad!!! I could`ve hugged him!!

Dave is still racked with guilt that it was me who got pulled (as he was obv as guilty as me on the speeding charge) but I waved him on when I got pulled over as I couldn`t see the point in us both being done for speeding. I think it`s a risk we all take when riding with others but I cannot see the point in everyone stopping and risking prosecution.

We`d had a lovely afternoons riding in glorious sunshine... Did 200 miles and went to Beddgelert in the vain hope that we might bump into Chris and Dave which obv we didn`t but the ice cream made up for it

Again, I can`t complain about the fine and points as I`m extremely lucky and I can only thank the lovely policeman for his kindness. I was sent on my way with instructions to give Dave the lecture that I`d had but when I got further up the road to where Dave was waiting for me the same policeman had already found him but from the smiles I don`t think he was being too serious.

Dave is so full of gratitude to me for taking the rap that as well as 3 points and a £60 fine I also received a dozen red roses and a bottle of wine

Last edited by Speedy Claire; 12-06-11 at 02:05 PM.