Thread: Old skool MtB
View Single Post
Old 09-06-18, 09:09 PM   #1
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Old skool MtB

Mountain bikes, specifically my 20 year old fully suspended Halfords Apollo. It's been sat, neglected and covered in dust, cobwebs, and bird poo in the stable for the last few years, waiting for me to do a refurb on it. Today, after a ride in Dyfnant forest on my other, equally ancient, but refurbished half suspended Apollo, I felt inspired to dig the full sus version out for a look.

It took some air in the tyres, a new rear gear cable, and a good clean to make it rideable again. I shall have to start using it again. A bit heavy but pretty solidly built. It's seen a lot of use but nothing has broken or fallen off!

I'm going to give it the treatment my half sus bike got I think. New forks, brakes, and complete chainset. And I may even splash out on an airshock for the back.

The half suspension bike is nice to ride, especially for an old Halfords machine, but the rear wheel spends a fair bit of time hopping about on the rough trails. Hopefully with a reasonable shock the fully suspended one will be a bit more manageable.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote