View Single Post
Old 26-04-09, 09:34 PM   #3
Kilted Ginger

Default Re: sunday rides

Sorry folks, a bit disorganised this weekend what with visitors and everythibg. Well despite my best efforts we did manage a wee ride today and Tiger55 even managed to join us.

The Bandit 1250, very impressed, does exactly what it says on the tin, if you use the gearbox properly its is very fast and very responsive,,,,,,,,,,,or alternatively you can stick it in 6th gear at 30mph and it still does everything you ask of it. It turns on a sixpence, it rolls into corners (not falls as sugggested in ride) Suspension was the only thing that could be slightly improved but even that performed well, no noticeable difference with or without pillion.

Now I'm not bikey enough to identify exactly what it is but for me the CBF was a knats pube better, dont know why just was, other half preferred the cbf as well but that was probably the colour as much as anything.

Anyway back to the ride, nice bimble out to stirling then up to callander, crianlarich to crieff, bit wet and wild but very nice and fun all the same, some quite spirited but safe, rapid progress was made by T55 here smooth lines and very confident cornering. nice.

It was at this point we realised we were a bit behind schedule fro getting the bandit bact to saltire for 4pm, what followed was interesting to say the least but still enjoyable but definately pushing the envelope slightly.

I would like to apologise to Tiger55 and -Ralph- for putting them in this position and pressuring them to make faster progress than we would normally. Sorry guys, entirely my fault, wont happen again.

Then a blast down to edinburgh with some slightly agrssive filtering which the bandit coped with better than i expected.

All in All a really good day, thanks for the company and the limited banter we had time for. cheers lads.

Last edited by Kilted Ginger; 26-04-09 at 11:04 PM.