View Single Post
Old 03-01-16, 12:14 PM   #1
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default Alpinestar Andes DryStar

I bought the Jacket and trouser set in the Dark Grey/Black colour. As with all sets the jacket/trousers are able to connect and create a 1 piece set. The Drystar layer is incorporated into the material suit, so it can't be removed. Only the thermal liner is removable.

Jacket
First impressions are good. There are plenty of practical pockets for you phone, wallet, keys etc. Winter lining is warm, but not overly bulky and well secured in the jacket.
Waist adjustment straps and poppers on the arm give you adjustment for when you have the winter lining in or out, or more layers on.
The collar is very comfortable as it is lined on the outer edge with a soft material,even more so at the chin area. You can also half height the collar with a popper at the back for summer time.
It only has 1 frontal zipper at the front which has a storm flap in front & behind to prevent rain/win intrusion. The front storm flap can be secured to 'back' to the jacket allowing breeze to pass through during warmer climates.
I can't comment how effective the vents are yet as the temperatures aren't that high yet!

Trousers
Very good fit, comfortable & practical. Pockets are on the thigh & are fairly shallow, meaning nothing of bulk can go in them.
Waist adjustment straps give you the perfect fit, and also come with braces if you so wish to use them.

I have only used these for a few hours so far, in single digit temperatures, and they've performed well. No buffeting, flapping, wind intrusion or cold spots. I've not been caught I the rain yet so can't comment on how waterproof the suit & pockets are yet.

One thing to note is to get the right size for top & trousers. I have a Medium jacket and Large trousers. The trousers are very fitting and so you need to make sure they fit comfortably.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote