View Single Post
Old 24-04-15, 09:39 AM   #8
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: Help: Our parked car damaged by car transporter, 6 months on the guy is messing us round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideboy View Post
This nob head is just stalling for time and messing you about, bend him over and shaft him. My Mrs old car got reversed into in a car park and the guy that did it was doing exactly what yours is trying to get us to go through cash in hand by using various bull plop reason's, all because he wouldn't be able to afford the next premium on his brand new ST. **** them I say, should pay more attention and now your going to pay for it.
This....

My lad had a similar run-around by a taxi that rear-ended him a few years ago. Luckily I had advised him to call the police when it occurred in order to get a record. Basically the driver was insured by the taxi firm who didn't want to have a claim against them, so were ducking and dodging to do some cash in hand deal. Eventually we got the police 'to make enquiries' about whether they were insured etc and reported them to cab licensing authorities before they gave correct insurance details. In the interim period, he made the claim through his insurers who gave him a courtesy car until it was sorted, as they were confident that it was non-fault. It did not harm his no-claims, which was important as he was under 20 at the time and a claim could have made insurance too expensive for him.

You've been patient enough Paul, time for getting serious!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote