Thread: mmm prison food
View Single Post
Old 27-05-20, 07:58 AM   #24
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Default Re: mmm prison food

Identifying the vehicle involved would be relatively easy if you have a time frame, but where are you going to get the information around when it was filmed? Pretty much the only way the police will manage that in the absence of a digital footprint is if they can read one of the registration numbers on one of the vehicle that gets overtaken, and I don't think the quality of the footage, even if it was enhanced, is good enough for that.

Speaking as someone who drove on UK motorways at over 150mph on pretty much a daily basis you do need to look beyond just the figures involved. They are certainly in a car capable of handling the speed, the weather, traffic and location are probably as suitable as you could ever reasonably get, and apart from mucking about with his camera he's ticking most of the boxes so although I'm not in any way suggesting what he did was appropriate or safe it's not quite the headline it's being made out to be. I've seen a whole lot more dangerous driving at half that speed.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote