View Single Post
Old 19-11-14, 09:34 PM   #1003
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Trouble is for every 1000 people who get fantastic service and care from the NHS you read one report in the papers about the person where the NHS 'failed' them...
Unfortunately true. In emergency and critical care they are truly fantastic, but when it comes to preventive, informational or post-operative care they can and do let themselves down frequently. My mum who was not told about the shoes she'd need to wear after her bone fusing after a bunion op went wrong, or my grandmother who was never called in for varicose vein surgery on her other leg, to my daughter who was fourth on the list for maxilo facial surgery last week and was told to go home as they'd run out of time to see her, despite being in the waiting room EIGHT hours from seven in the morning... Sometimes their systems and procedures are laughable, sometimes they try to do too much and fall over, either way you read about something in the paper every week, which is a shame as the staff on the cancer ward where my aunt finished her life earlier this year were superb.