View Single Post
Old 22-12-16, 03:25 PM   #37
Mega Poster

Default Re: SV650s to Street Triple?

I went from an SV650S to a 2010 Street Triple R in black and gold. The difference is obvious, you're going from a bargain basement bike to something that's had much more R&D and effort put into it.

However, the grass isn't always greener...

The suspension, no matter HOW many times you hear it from others, is incredibly cheap. It's skittish at best and leave a lot of confidence hanging out your **** unless you're on anything other than super smooth tarmac. Personally, the engine note, at first, made me grin - the induction is raspy, but wait until that horrid engine whine starts to get into your brain and it's like nails running down a chalk board.

The seat is utterly woeful. I had to buy a Sargent seat and this transformed the bike. I had the suspension tweaked for me and while it made a bit of difference, it's still a cheap set of internals on the fork and a rubbish, rubbish rear shock, whichever way you look at it. So maybe put another £700 aside to have the forks revalved and buy a Hyperpro or Maxton rear shock.

Exhaust wise, if you go for the older model then the underseat exhausts weigh a metric tonne, so buy a lowboy and it not only improves the look of the bike by a mile, but it saves weight and lowers the centre of gravity, which I found helped sharpen up the line the bike liked to take around corners.

To this

Which turned into this

Which turned into this

Last edited by 650; 22-12-16 at 03:27 PM.
650 is offline   Reply With Quote