View Single Post
Old 18-05-07, 09:39 AM   #45
Gordon B

Default Re: SV .org Sticker design

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartyboy View Post
Hate to throw a spanner in the works here mate but have you actually thought this through?

For example...you're using a red ".org" On a red bike the .org won't be seen and it will just look like the standard SV decal

On a silver bike the grey wont be seen and all you'll see is ".org"

I'm confused as to why you want to recreate the stock logo at all. Most people would just mistake it for the logo that came on the bike. I know I would.

I take it the idea behind your logo is to promote the site. If that's so then why not create something unique so that people wont mistake it with the real one?

Look at the SV rider logo...very distinctive...

http://www.svrider.com/goodies.htm

Thanks for your comments.

Trust me when I tell you I am not a graphic designer, I am only doing this to try to give something back to the .org who have helped me out on numerous occasions.

Also their stickers cost $5, these will be about 75p to £1

No-one else has pointed out this issue, and as hovis said alot of people will be putting them on their screens. I am hoping to get a couple of samples first to try out and then iron any issues out from there.

It would be difficult to please everyone as everyone has a different coloured machines, I am just trying to guage a majority.

Alo while it is to promote the site, I feel it also will serve as a badge so that if you are out somewhere and you spot an sv, or other bike, with one of these stickers, you know they are a .org'er and you can talk to them without them looking at you like you are some sort of nutter. I know, its happened to me in the past!

Gordon

Last edited by Gordon B; 18-05-07 at 10:09 AM.