Thread: Injury Claim
View Single Post
Old 13-06-18, 05:42 PM   #6
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Injury Claim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
Whatever they offer you it won't be worth as much as the lesson you hopefully learnt around traffic awareness. Probably not the answer you wanted to hear, and possibly a little harsh without knowing more about the circumstances, but experience is priceless and a little discomfort every now and then to remind you of it will probably do you a whole lot more good than any temporary financial windfall.

I know I'm coming across as an arrogant, unsympathetic know it all here, and I'm sort of sorry about that, but this compensation culture we have adopted really strikes a nerve with me. Money isn't going to stop your foot hurting, and by the time your old enough to really regret the incident it will be long spent anyhow. Put all the agro behind you, move on in life, and get out there to enjoy your motorcycling.
who exactly has learnt a lesson? the person doing the u-turn without warning, i very much doubt it.

i personally think that compensation claims should come out to pocket of the offender, then maybe people will think twice instead of oohh well the insurance will pay for it.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote