View Single Post
Old 18-08-10, 01:13 PM   #10
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Default Re: Track days in the wet :(

got up at 7am, soaking wet mist but not raining.. After the first session it started to brighten up a little bit but the track stayed damp til the end of the 2nd session. By mid morning the track was dry and cloud was becoming patchy, even letting a bit of sun through.

By lunchtime it was belting down sunshine and I even had time to take my tent down and let it dry before the first session of the afternoon.

Never had my kneedown till yesterday and once I'd cracked it I couldn't stop - must have had it down about 15 times; hairpin, barn, park, once on chris' curve and about every other lap on the right hander into mountain. Left knee scuffed just the once but I wasn't feeling confident to try and do both knees in one day.

Was probably 2nd or 3rd fastest in the novice group so I'm tempted to give intermediate group a try on my next visit to cadwell.. Got talking to a guy who ended up fitting a bullet camera to my bike - the last session of the day is the only one which turned out well (on the fastest bits of the track it looks like I'm bending the laws of physics as the framerate isn't able to keep up with what's going on). Ended up passing quite a few people on the outside as I got more confident (although they were braking & turning WAAAAAY early so it wasn't exactly difficult but it did make each of my testicles do a little dance).

SRAD with michellin pilot road 2's = mind blowing. Even the Art Editor (simon) from bike magazine came over and gave me a mouthful of "f*** me you were rockin' it out there!" - ...and he was on a harley xr1200 roadster type bike hanging off trying to get his kneedown, absolutely hilarious and amazing in equal measure..

Starting to think someone has fiddled with the suspension on my bike at some point - it's rock solid and handles like a race bike - thinking it's prolly got uprated springs and 1,000,000-w oil but don't wanna look inside incase it's not as good when I put it back together

Absolutely aching in my legs and forearms today. Had a massive attack of cramp in my inner thigh last night (on my right leg). Defo time to start going to the gym again if I wanna do more of these trackdays. Video to follow later

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..

Last edited by Paul the 6th; 18-08-10 at 01:16 PM.
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote