View Single Post
Old 19-11-12, 08:18 AM   #10
-Ralph-

Default Re: National Road Safety week - That means speed checks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
hurray!! One species I would love to see extinct
As driving standards get worse and worse. But then if police had spent more time in the past when there was more of them, bollocking drivers for poor driving standards, rather than just trapping and fining speeders all day, then maybe driving standards wouldn't be that bad.

On the motorway where I spend most of my time, speeding shouldn't even be on the coppers radar (I realise it probably isn't anymore, but only because there isn't enough resource to deal with it), until such time as the traffic or weather conditions deteriorate, at which point fair enough, get the speed gun out if people are just being plain stupid

How many accidents occur on the motorway, outside of rush hour, in clear dry weather, as a result of speeding? Answer = Almost NONE.

Tailgating, lane hogging, pulling out on faster traffic, dangerous impatient undertaking, should be order of the day for writing tickets. To be fair I haven't included mobile phone use in that list as that is already firmly on the radar and enforced as and when a copper sees someone with a phone pinned to the ear (even if there aren't enough coppers to make a difference).

Drivers need some serious education - like we had 'Charlie Says' as kids teaching us how to cross the road, and a white haired Pedophile teaching us to 'Clunk Click every trip' why can't we have some TV adverts teaching really basic stuff out of the highway code? We got an advert about a teenage girl texting while driving and I think it really helped raise awareness.

Last edited by -Ralph-; 19-11-12 at 08:28 AM.