View Single Post
Old 22-07-20, 06:54 AM   #28
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: 110 miles on MT09SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokohama View Post
What pressures are you running? I think Yamaha recommend 36 & 42
When I picked it up it was set 33/39 (hmm) so set them to what the bike says on its sticker (cunningly located underneath the rear subframe cover) 36/42 but I think I'm going to reduce that back to 33/39.

I'm beginning to think that when Yamaha describe the bike as being from the Dark Side of Japan - they mean it was partially built in the dark and wasn't fully tested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokohama View Post
I can understand your frustration.
I think that frustration is what gripes me the most. I spent a time reading road tests, watching videos, looking at specs - so it was a "head" choice not a "heart" choice". I didn't get a test ride since the dealer didn't have any "SP" models but would it have made a difference? I would have probably thought the ride quality was just a matter of adjustment. The only reason I bought this bike was for the suspension - I don't need the power, the SV is fine in that regard (for me). Modifying your hindsight suggestion I would have been better off buying another SV and having that suspension rebuilt/inserts added.

I'll persevere, I have still only done 200 miles - I've put the settings back to what they were on delivery and I'll only adjust one at a time which is what I should have done in the first place (instead of trusting the manual).

One magazine - I cannot remember which one, used to road test a bike with 3 different riders of varying size/weight which made it a little easier to see if it would suit you.