View Single Post
Old 10-11-07, 09:30 AM   #6
Pedro68

Default Re: A nice little story about a fallen bike and some nice Yanks

Nice story
And gotta agree, been over to America twice now (albeit good few years back), but the people over there were mostly great.

Just don't go shopping on Black Friday Their manners are less impeccable then LOL

The only bad bit about my time in America was being hassled by a street tramp in Boston, but my friend had given me some wise words of advice ... keep your hands in your pocket at all times (helps to stop ya loose change from rattling, and prevents them pick-pocketing you!), don't engage with them, be firm but polite.

All the retail staff I encountered were very happy and almost every single one of them gave the stereotypical "Have a nice day" with a smile as they served us You just don't see that over here ... over here its spotty oikes whose whole mannerisms scream "I don't want to be here ... least of all serving YOU!"

Also met a nice pair of bikers (rough-a$$ looking pair they were too) a 3am at a diner in the middle of nowhere (well ok, probably somewhere just outside Providence, RI), who were just fascinated by the English accents Must admit, we were a little worried when they made a beeline for us at that time, in an almost empty diner ... but they were so nice LOL