View Single Post
Old 11-06-08, 09:03 PM   #7
Tim in Belgium

Default Re: Videos, photos and ramblings on my Trackday at Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Looks good Tim! It's hard when a more powerful bike keeps on the racing line, and uses his power on the straights, you have to either out brake him like Blue seems to do mostly, or as you did, take a different line out of the bend and get the power on earlier. Good vid setups though, I didn't notice any bad vibrations particularly.
Yeah I'm always a little hesitant to jam it up the inside, although did a few better overtakes in my last two sessions, pity the camera wasn't working, bet they all say that

As others have said in other trackday posts moving up a group as soon as possible is a good idea, I found the other riders less erratic in inters, and had more time to concentrate on my line. The fact it was a quiet day with only 25 in a group on the 2.1 mile track also meant there was plenty of space. Had a look at my lap times on the camera and they were approx 14 secs slower than the minitwin racers, so there's fair room for improvement yet

Trying to work out whether rearsets are worth it for my remaining track days this year before I say farwell to the SV.