View Single Post
Old 16-05-09, 06:38 PM   #57
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Default Re: AR Marking Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Thats what i'm asing for my man. I've wracked all my little grey cells again and again and really cant see a usefull or constructive way of doing this so i'm asking for ideas. Any well thought out ideas are more than welcome.
Well, I would have started a public poll asking who is definitely coming to the AR and who would like to be a dedicated marker.

This would have resulted in a list such as
Airwolf, AlpineCarStereo, arcdef, Bear, Bender, Bluethunder, Cazza, ChrisCaveman, davepreston, El Saxo, EssexDave, foxyinleather, Girth, Jinxy43, joshmac, Lozzo, Magnum, mattSV, Miss Alpinestarhero, Mogs, MR UKI (1), phil24_7, Raf, RichT, Spiderman, Stig_Of_The_Dump, Stu, Supervox, TazDaz, teriyakimonkey, the_lone_wolf, VolatileParsley, warg60
(This is TLW's poll of who's coming)
From that list you could easily discount a few such as:
arcdef, "sorry but you're new so we don't know anything about you"
Miss Alpinestarhero "sorry but you're a pillion"
The rest can be discussed among the AR organising committee to get the number you need and the rest can get the answer "thanks for offering, but we've got enough, we'll bear you in mind for next year or anything else requiring organising on the day such as the organised rideout from the campsite to the start of the ride which would have been nice in AR08.
Now you may end up with the exactly same people as if it had been all done behind closed doors
But at least you won't end up with people offering beforehand and not being wanted only to find out that the Soho Massive was asked to do so on the day of the AR.
Or people wanting to offer but seeing as they are not moderators then they can't put their name on the same list that Fizz put his on.

Last edited by Stu; 23-05-09 at 03:13 AM.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote