View Single Post
Old 18-01-19, 01:03 PM   #1170
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Default Re: Photo Comp - Chat Thread

Here is my other "not as bad" shot from the roll I tried in the TLR assemble-it-yourself camera Lady Poppy got me. This one needed rescuing in Lightroom with the shadows opened out, some split toning and tweaks to the exposure and colour saturation.

Was a lot of fun putting it together, with it's Haynes manual, but some of the plastics did not screw together very well, I had a feeling light would get in (it did in some places quite badly), and the film advance sprocket did not work very well so deciding how far to wind it was hit and miss. Most disappointing was the focusing though as you could not really see if you'd got it right in the viewfinder as it was very dull, even on a sunny day, and the lenses were impossible to synchronise. I obviously did not get that bit right during assembly, despite following the instructions, as most were pretty blurry but it was a bit of fun and a nice experiment. At £15 for a film and processing at my local Jessops I doubt I'll do any more tests though and it is a fun ornament in the study now.

Experiment 1 by Trevor Laight, on Flickr