Thread: Lube and grease
View Single Post
Old 10-04-15, 11:01 AM   #3
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Default Re: Lube and grease

If you are going to swap the rear shock, have a good look at the bearings that are in the rocker and in the swing arm. I fitted a grease nipple to both sets of bearings that the dog bones run on which makes lubrication very easy. When I took my swing arm out, I discovered that the bearings there were out of grease and I had caught them just in time before any damage had been done. The Rocker though was a dead loss and every bearing had to be replaced. Once this was done, I could not believe how active the rear end became.

Get some oil into the clutch cable housing and your throttle cables too, a light oil is best for this because it can penetrate through capillary action. Remember though that sprays like WD40 and the like are not lubricating oils, they are cleaners.

If you do not use a chain oiler, you may want to clean and lubricate your chain, a still bristled brush and some paraffin is the tool for the job here.

Also worthy of some work are your forks, you can strip and clean them, add some new oil and they will feel lovely and active. Or you can pull them out all together and plug some USD gorgeousness in their place. One of Bibio's speedo adapters will plug and play and you are sorted for a weekend of blasting.

Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote