View Single Post
Old 07-01-16, 06:36 AM   #17
mister c
Mega Poster

Default Re: My new toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamSV View Post
Looks very tidy that.

Is there much noticeable difference in ride between the naked curvy and Gladius?
Comfort has to be the 1st thing. The Suzuki stylists didn't hink about it when they designed the Gladius. You can ride for only about an hour before you have to think about pulling over for a break. My missus won't go pillion because the seating position is awful, she's only 5' 1" & she reckons she's cramped & the pillion seat is just so uncomfortable.
The suspension on Gladys is firmer & you can throw it around to your hearts content, it's also supplied with Dunlop Qualifiers as standard, which also helps & the handlebars are a little too wide. You tend to find that at speed it makes it's head wobble. I fitted the little screen & it has transformed it. Handling wise, the Gladius, in the right hands, around some twisties would certainly keep up with & maybe embarrass some larger bikes, it feels planted around the bends & does put a smile on your face.
I choose the SV every morning to ride to work on, so that tells you a lot about it. I am a massive fan of the naked SV, that's why I bought the Gladys (plus the lure of £1 down & £100 per month interest free for 4 years) because, at the time, I worked 20 miles from home & wanted something reliable & cheap to run. I can now see it sitting in my yard & not turning a wheel as I have fallen for another 17 year old bike, which speaks volumes for the old SV

Last edited by mister c; 07-01-16 at 06:41 AM.
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote