View Single Post
Old 02-05-19, 09:10 AM   #1
Scittyf

Default New member - SV400

Hello All,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Scott. Recently bought a grey import SV400. I've had a break from biking for about 6-7 years and into my mid 30's now. Before the break motorbikes were my main form of transport. Circa 20k a year.

I know what a lot of you might be thinking. Why an SV400 and not the UK official bike of the the SV650?

Well most SV650's I was looking at tended to be either dogs or out my price bracket for what I wanted to be comfortable to spend.
So an SV400 appeared locally and thought why not. It's in good condition for age and mileage and it was a cheap into back into biking.

Bit cheaper on fuel and a little bit cheaper on tax / insurance. I'm sure the 50 odd ponies it has will be enough for a while. If I do get bored I'm sure I can sell on or if I feel like getting my hands dirty a 650 conversion.

Thing is I'll be a weekend warrior anyway and with a 6 month old I doubt I'll get to spend much time on it. It's nice to have the option though.

So 2000, officially imported in 2004 SV400 with 30k on the clock. Curvy shape in a understated silver. Would have prefered a yellow but beggars can't be choosers.

Glad to be back in the fold.
Scittyf is offline   Reply With Quote