View Single Post
Old 09-08-17, 07:50 PM   #16
nail_bOmb

Default Re: project nail_bOmb

Thanks for that, only one I can find listed is on the Wemoto page and that's £46.22 + postage! Has anyone got a spare knocking around from breaking a bike? Anyway, onwards and upwards, started cleaning up the rear wheel tonight, hit it with two coats of paint stripper that I got from the local motor factors after discovering that Nitomors is not as strong as it used to be due to health and safety. The stuff I used is called Langlow Strip Away Pro and is lethal! (the end of my rubber gloves lasted around five minutes before disintegrating and I ended up running into the kitchen to run my hands under the cold tap) Recommended though if you need to strip paint easily and quickly, just dab it on with an old paintbrush and it starts to bubble up immediately, then finish it off with some wire wool and rinse it off.
Decided to clean up the rims with a couple of grades of wet and dry and a polish and spray the rest satin black with rattle cans. I usually go the powder oat route with my projects but keeping this cheap and cheerful, the polished rims should allow me to change tyre's without chipping the paint off the rims, sadly something that the nine previous owners didn't really worry about.......