View Single Post
Old 25-02-15, 01:20 PM   #11
dw22

Default Re: Novice Friendly Track Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow Pob View Post
Indeed, you are spot on with that and the experience that Black & White Bikes are offering will be totally different to what you get at a No Limits or Focused Events trackday.

Firstly, it is just for novice riders. Trackdays have evolved over the years to be quite a 'professional' event. If you don't turn up in a van with a track prepped bike on paddock stands and tyre warmers then you stand out as a 'newbie'. Nothing wrong with that but it can be quite daunting and has put first timers off. With novice riders only, you'll be among similarly experienced people.

Secondly, the instruction is personal. You will be allocated an instructor to work with you all day long, from the first session to the last. You won't be left on your own to make mistakes and get disheartened, your instructor will work with you to improve you performance every step of the way. You do share this instructor with 2 other people but the group of 4 of you will be out together. Other trackday organizers do not offer this level of instruction.

Thirdly, the sessions are 30 minutes long which is 50% longer than the other days. This gives the advantage that the instructors can bring their group of 3 pupils off the track for a minute or 2 to discuss issues, make some improvements and swap the order around in the group and then get back out on track. 3o minutes is a long time and these short breaks will help the learning process massively.

Fourthly, there will be just 60 pupils at the track, that's half the amount that would be at a 'normal' trackday.

Then there are additional services available for FREE! There will be a suspension expert available to help you with bike set up. This would normally cost you £50. Also there will be a fully qualified ACU Scruitineer who is there to help you with everything from basic motorcycle maintenance to full race preparation. And of course there will be a tyre expert on site to help you with tyre issues or even just get you tyre pressures set correctly.

When you take all that into consideration, hopefully you'll see that actually it's remarkable good value for money.
I can understand where you are coming from, I first did my TD in novice on my road gsxr 600 and got a NL instructor to follow me for 2 session which helped me out greatly with my lines. On normal TD's you also have a novice only group which also you'll be among similarly experienced people.

Do you really think 30 minute sessions are beneficial to a complete novice? I personally struggled with 20 mins on track on my first few TD's, it's physically and mentally tiring. Just a suggestion...

Suspension service sounds great, so does the ACU scrutiniser however I doubt the novices are going to want to hear about full race prep, yet. You also get tyre services at normal TD's, to help with issues/correct pressure.

I do think you are offering a good service but personally not worth that much.

Take a look at NL offering a ladies only trackday with big name Maria Costello;
Limited no. of bikes on circuit
7 x 30 min sessions
Lunch included
Instruction
ex GP track
and for only £199...