View Single Post
Old 08-06-18, 04:15 AM   #1
Chaplain

Default SV Frankenstein trackbike build. (Pic heavy)

Decided to retire my Aprilia Mille R from a track bike to a street bike. As a track replacement I purchased a '05 SV650s. Previous owner had the SV setup for super stock club racing and he out weighed me by a good 60lbs. I knew I would have some work to do in order to get bike properly setup for me as well as a number of other items needing addressed to "make it mine."

At first I was just going to clean it up, put it on a much needed diet, prep, change spring rates and valving and run it. One thing let to another and now I have a fullbuild on my hands. Half ZX6R half SV650, some Yamaha bits as well as Ape bits with every thing (outside of new Michelin Tires) being bought used off a couple different forums, eBay and of course local ads.

Why a ZX6R and not a traditional GSXR swap you ask? Well I don't have a smart answer for you other than; 1) I like the design of the Kawasaki swingarm better, 2) their wheels are lighter and better looking imho and 3) I just wanted to do something different than the traditional swaps.

Im open to constructive comments and even criticism if it comes with a reason. Here are some pics to keep the thread interesting:

Swingarm needed to be notched to clear shock.

Battery and rectifier relocated and bike rewired as track bike.

A handful of parts were taken to Full Throttle Powdercoating in Corona .CA. All bearings were replaced afterwards.

Front forks are freshly rebuilt with Ohlins 25 carts inside and a Scotts damper up top. Top/bottom yokes shaved.

How "SV Frankinstine" sits now, just need to build exhaust and tie up some loose ends. At the end of the day I made something different, put my twist on it, and I sure hope it works!

Suggestions? Thoughts?

FYI: I have a bin of leftover and mockup parts for sale from '05 SV, '03 GSXR, and 05-08 ZX6R.

#3N1Motorsports
#FrankensteinSV650

Last edited by Chaplain; 25-02-20 at 05:12 PM.
Chaplain is offline   Reply With Quote