View Single Post
Old 31-03-18, 11:54 AM   #40
Talking Heads

Default Re: London not to include motorcycle in it's traffic congestion strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Disapointed you didn't read my post properly, the source of my stats was official gov stats
I did read your post, you made no mention of any source.

Quote:
Your post talks of a percentage increase in 2017 but all your links only provide statistics up to 2016.
Therefore your claim regarding 2017 is unsubstantiated.

Quote:
Why is it ok to have presumed liability in every country in the EU, but not in the UK, where the biggest cause of road deaths and serious injury
Its not OK, clearly these countries legal systems are inferior to ours.

Quote:
A quote from Lord Denning in 1982

"in the present state of motor traffic I am persuaded that any civilised system of law should require, as a matter of principle, that the person who uses this dangerous instrument on the road dealing death and destruction all round should be liable to make compensation to anyone who is killed or injured in consequence of the use of it. There should be liability without proof of fault. To require an injured person to prove fault is the gravest injustice to many innocent persons who have not the wherewithal to prove it."
Oh dear, careful who you quote.
Lord Denning isn't someone I would have chosen to lecture us regarding a "civilised system of law".

Here's part of an interview...

Interviewer: Nevertheless, were you glad to see the death penalty abolished?
Denning: Not really. It ought to be retained for murder most foul.
We shouldn't have all these campaigns to get the Birmingham Six released if they'd been hanged.
They'd have been forgotten, and the whole community would be satisfied.
Interviewer: But would justice have been satisfied if the wrong men had been hanged?
Denning: (chuckles) No. There is always that danger.
Interviewer: If they had hanged the Guildford Four they would have hanged the wrong men, wouldn't they?
Denning: No. They'd probably have hanged the right men. Not proved against them, that's all.

Source: http://archive.spectator.co.uk/artic...nd-his-england

That's just a quick taster of the man, besides being happy to see innocent men hanged he had other horrendous opinions as well.

Quote:
This'll be my last on this
I always think its a mistake to make such pronouncements.
Talking Heads is offline   Reply With Quote