View Single Post
Old 24-06-13, 03:33 PM   #1
mrrowley87

Default SV650 Cafe Racer construction - would you buy?

Hi there, please bear with my long winded introduction to this thread...

I'm an old SV650 owner, and I was an active member of this forum when I was riding my SV.

I loved that bike, I moved from there to a GSXR400 to a ZXR600 P7F to a Ducati 749S and now on to a ZXR400.

I wish I'd kept my SV. It did everything I wanted it to, I loved riding it and it only let my down a couple of times (Rectifier both times!).

I'm now in a position to start my own business - I'm leaving the Army, and I want to make bikes my living.

I want to set up a fabrication workshop and turn bikes in to beautiful cafe racers... And I want to base my first model on the wonderful SV.

This is where you come in...

I'd like to gauge interest in the service I'm thinking about and how much people would feel comfortable paying for it.

Please bear in mind, this isn't an offer of the service, I'm not touting for business, I'm just asking for your opinions.

So please don't flame me.

Here's the concept;

A customer could bring their SV to me (curvy or New shape) and I would transform their bike in to a like new cafe racer.

As part of the process the engine would have a full service / overhaul. And all consumables and fluids would be replaced including tyres.

The bike would be fitted with a completely new frame (geometry would match the original bike,) and the suspension would be refreshed.

The whole bike would be stripped, cleaned, painted or powder coated and re-assembled in the new frame with a new digital race dash and would essentially look like a brand new machine.

You would know the quality of the engine, as it's your bike, rather than buying a cafe racer of unknown heritage.

It would be easy to service as it would still be an SV and would not require special servicing.

All the removed, original parts will be returned with the bike on delivery.

The turn around time would be around 30 days.

Would you be interested in converting your SV to a high quality cafe racer?

How much would you deem a fair price?

Although I have no pictures of my own designs (they are still in the planning stage) I will shortly post some images of other people's cafe racers which serve as inspiration to me.

Please give me some feedback as your ideas will be very valuable!

Many thanks

Thomas