Old 09-08-11, 11:57 AM   #28
BoltonSte
Mega Poster

Default Re: ........where do I start

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsmith View Post
that was a good un!
Making it funnier seeing the chosen re-entry point was a 2ft puddle

Dave it was right at the back on the 2nd leg about 2 miles after I marked the bridge
Like I could get any wetter by that point...my thoughts were more like this: Oh **** I ain't going round this corner (no idea why)....anchors on, Oh **** I ain't going to stop before the grass...brakes off...Oh **** I hope there aren't any ditches...Yay I'm still on....Oh ****I hope I can slow the thing down....Oh **** it's trying to let go, please don't fall, it'll cost money, will make me look more like a **** and may also hurt. Ah **** it, it's only a puddle and I'm already peed through.

Thanks to all the folks I met in the flesh for having a chat even if you didn't understand me, to Andy for that schnapps, Diz and Orose for putting all the effort in and to the typical weather for teaching me I have never been wet on a bike before...I was pouring water out my boot and everything was literally dripping in the drying room when I got back.

Ste
BoltonSte is offline   Reply With Quote