View Single Post
Old 09-02-16, 10:28 AM   #15
r0ddy

Default Re: Battery & R/R relocation help.

My rec reg is bolted to the side of my battery box on the front left side of the bike. its spaced away from the ally of the box with a couple of nuts to give it a bit more air.

have you got a race/ally front subframe? if not i'd recommend getting one as it makes fitting diff fairings a bit easier as you can bend it to shape to suit whatever you decide.

re: making up brackets i measure/make my own as you can get them spot on how you want them, usually as below.

- get the bike on front & rear stands (make sure bike is level but make sure if youre using headstock front stand instead of underfork you account for the fork extension)

- put the bellypan under the bike, fasten it to the top section of fairing

- rest the bellypan on blocks of wood, books, bricks , anything to get it so its off the ground. then take a step back, eye it up make adjustments to the way its sitting.

-take a look from the front & back make sure its straight (i get the bars straight and check the front of the nose to the front wheel & the middle of the screen to the tank filler & back of the bellypan to centre of the rear wheel. If you have or can borrow a laser makes it alot easier)

-once happy drill the top fairing holes and stick some bolts in

- measure up and bend some ally strips to mount anywhere you can bolt them ( i use engine & exhaust mounts)

- i use fairing Nylons to make it easier when it comes to removing the fairing etc.but thats optional

- check bar clearance, mark & cut

sounds easy doesnt it?

Last edited by r0ddy; 09-02-16 at 10:30 AM.
r0ddy is offline   Reply With Quote