View Single Post
Old 12-12-16, 10:17 AM   #6
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: SV650s to Street Triple?

I'm not blown away by it aesthetically either as it does look a bit busy for my liking, similar to the MT07 with quite a lot going on in the lower half, but the main thing for me is the ride. If I was going on looks I'd choose something more calssic, Bonneville etc for my tastes but would probably regret it when actually riding it.

From examples I can find on Youtube it sounds great when opened up! I'd agree about the hoover comment at lower speeds, which is my only real world experience of our neighbour coming home at 10mph down a small road with that sewing machine sound that so many bikes have.

I'm not sure if it's the clip-ons on the SV that make it feel heavier to ride than it is? Steering on smaller roads at lower speeds can be hard work for extended times. Long faster rides with sweeping curved roads and it's great. In fact even the low position is perfect at 60mph+ as wind pressure on your chest lifts you to a perfect light feeling riding position. But an hour at lower speeds and my wrists and neck complain. A more upright position might sort that, but then I don't want to be hanging off the back of the bike battered by wind at 70mph either.

Looks like there's a few nearby at a dealer second hand so I may go have a look. All just ideas at this stage as I won't have the budget until next year. Just trying to decide whether to hold off investing in the SV bar conversion at the moment.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote